Another humble bundle is on

Wed Apr 13 15:58:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:32:47AM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
>Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>>humblebundle.com has another indie game bundle on.  As usual the linux
>>users are paying at least twice what the mac and windows users are paying
>>of course.
>
>What is it that costs twice as much for the Linux version? What I see
>when I go to the site is that you are allowed to choose what to pay.
>If a Linux users chooses to pay twice as much that would be up to
>them.

Yes, you pay what you wish.  What Lennart notes is that in this case, as
in the previous promotions, Linux users *value* this bundle more highly
than people using other software.  Linux users seem more
generous/affluent - but a price signal is not disambiguating the reason
for that signal.  I know that I have paid more than many on both
previous bundles because I can afford to and because I value the fact
that these games work on Linux.  I don't even play most of them, but I
can send a message that writing games for Linux is valuable to me.
--

yours,

William