Plug computers

Stewart Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 28 02:22:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Jason Shaw <grazer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm interested in plug computers from a geek perspective, but I've not
> really come up with a situation where I'd need one.  For those of you with
> them, what are you using them for?

It does everything that I'd otherwise have a server for:
* remote access through ssh
* serving music with Firefly (28000+ tracks)
* generating and uploading my daily random podcast: http://scruss.com/autocast/
* (soon) monitoring my power usage via an Arduino-based logger.

I've been running it for more than 18 months with no mishaps. I've got
it with root on a 8GB SD card and an external 500GB drive for the
music.

cheers,
 Stewart

--