Girl Gear Pink Computer Equipment....

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 23 19:09:11 UTC 2010

The power of PINK:

Mary Kay Ash founded her cosmetics company in 1963 with only $ 5, 000,
nine independent beauty consultants and a 500 sq. ft. store in Dallas.
Last week, Mary Kay Inc. concluded its annual sales seminar in Big D. They
had a $ 2. 2 billion sales year.Since 1969, the company has awarded
thousands of special Cadillacs to its top sales people. Apparently, years
ago, Mary Kay ordered a Cadillac for herself and told the car dealership
she wanted it the same color as her compact — pink. Her vehicle was such a
hit with her sales force, she began an incentive program for them with a
pink Caddy as the big prize. Nowadays Mary Kay salespeople can earn three
cars.Red Pontiac Vibes are entrylevel awards. Silver Pontiac Grand Prixs
are the middle prize and the pink Cadillacs are the top awards. About 2,
000 women drive Cadillacs and 10, 000 more have received Pontiacs. A sales
director and her team must sell at least $ 96, 000 in cosmetics in a
sixmonth period for the director to qualify for the top award. Directors
start out as salespeople and work their way up.

> clearance places (Tech Direct Canada) and I saw they were selling pink
> "Girl Gear" keyboards, mice and web cams... My first thought was,
> nobody in their right mind would buy the likes of a pink keyboard ...
> then I  thought a bit, and now I am wondering:
>
> - Would any non-colour blind male buy the above for themselves?
> - Would any woman over the age of 12 who doesn't work in the beauty /
> cosmetics business buy the above for themselves?
>
> In other words, I can see a VERY tiny, tiny market for pink keyboards,
> mice, etc... right? Sort of strikes me as being like the 1955 Dodge La
> Femme (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_La_Femme), a 1950's take on a
> "women's" car (the results even by the standards of the era were ...
> ghastly)...
>

> Colin.

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325