Cooking for Geeks author Jeff Potter visits linuxcaffe, Tuesday Sept 21

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 15:26:24 UTC 2010

That's right, tomorrow !

http://linuxcaffe.ca/node/24445
We geeks are fascinated by how things work, and most of us eat, too. If
you’re the innovative type who asks why just as often as what , my book,
“Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food” will show
you a new way to approach the kitchen.
Cooking for Geeks is more of a book about cooking than it is a cookbook.
The book contains explanations of the science behind cooking, interviews
with researchers and chefs, experiments for the reader to try, and
recipes to tie it all together.
(from the website, http://www.cookingforgeeks.com/ )

for all you wannabe Molecular Gastronomists, this is a chance to share
ideas for the lab/kitchen, and pick up a copy of the O'Reilly Press -
Cooking for Geeks book.