Fedora Core 12 Not Booting

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 9 04:56:15 UTC 2010

| From: Howard Gibson <hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org>

|    I used ext4 for my root partition.
|
|    Does this mean that everything would have worked if I had used ext3?

No.  I was wrong.  By Fedora 12, grub supported ext4.

<http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/12/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Installation_Notes.html#sect-Release_Notes-Installation_Notes-ext4_for_boot_partitions>

    2.1. Ext4 for boot partitions

    Although ext4 was the default file system in Fedora 11, the
    version of the GRUB bootloader included with Fedora 11 could not
    read ext4 partitions. Fedora 11 therefore required a separate ext3
    boot partition. The version of GRUB included in Fedora 12 now
    supports ext4, so anaconda now allows you to place /boot on an
    ext4 partition.

Sorry.