TV Tuner in reverse?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 2 20:53:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 04:19:27PM -0400, ted leslie wrote:
> dont forget to check into if its    dvi-d , dvi-i, hdmi etc, etc, to make sure you get the right one,
> and/or convertors if necessary.

Well HDMI is digital.  It does audio and video.

DVI-D is digital, same video signal as HDMI (a simple cable will adapt
between the two).  No audio at all of course.

DVI-A (rare) is analog only.  VGA compatible, just a simple cable change.

DVI-I is both DVI-A and DVI-D, so you can do either VGA analog or DVI
digital video signals.

For tv with audio and video, you would want something that does hdmi
from the PC to the TV.  I t can convert to ethernet along the way,
as long as it really does carry all of HDMI.  Anything meant for DVI
will only carry video (no audio).  Not useful for TV.

--
Len Sorensen