Is this really a Linux user group?

Xane xanexp-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 22:00:25 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

I am really disappointed about this group. I have joined here couple of days
ago just because I am interested in Linux, but since then the only
conversation I am getting is around Toronto's Mayoral candidates, recent
election, Toronto public transit etc. These have nothing to do with the
purpose of this group. I don't really get it why those of you who are
interested in these topics do not go and join other thousands of groups or
forums where you can better enjoy yourself. Under the description of this
group, it is clearly mentioned "This list is for the discussion of Linux
related issues, news, problems, and ideas. This list is not anyone's
personal soapbox. It is not for the discussion of political, social, or
religious issues, bad jokes, personal rants or similar non Linux related
discussion": http://gtalug.org/wiki/Mailing_lists

Don't get me wrong, I am not against any of the city or mayoral
conversations, my point is why we don't do it somewhere else where you can
really enjoy talking about it with same people interested like you. I am not
here to argue or anything, if this continues, I will simply unsubscribe, but
I thought I give it a try before doing so.

Thanks for your understating.

Xane