OT: today is the day

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 15:45:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:10:58AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> That's long been the Toronto way.  Look at what happened to the
> underground streetcars that were supposed to be on Queen St.  Or the
> Eglinton subway that was started and then abandoned, or the truncated
> Sheppard subway.  Then we get to the Spadina and Scarborough expressways
> that are sorely needed now.  Toronto needs good mix of transportation
> systems, including roads.  Unfortunatlely the long term plans have been
> repeatedly sabotaged by short sighted politicians and special interest
> groups.

The expressways were canceled because the city listened to the public
(well the public with lots of money living in areas where the expressway
would be built).

All we have now is allen road, and black creek drive and a bit of
eglington near the 427 and I guess a bit of king road out east by the 401.

--
Len Sorensen