OT: today is the day

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 14:10:58 UTC 2010

Mike Kallies wrote:
> It's profoundly stupid to change directions in the middle of a plan.
> This sets back Toronto transit another 20 years.
>
> Ford is lying.

That's long been the Toronto way.  Look at what happened to the
underground streetcars that were supposed to be on Queen St.  Or the
Eglinton subway that was started and then abandoned, or the truncated
Sheppard subway.  Then we get to the Spadina and Scarborough expressways
that are sorely needed now.  Toronto needs good mix of transportation
systems, including roads.  Unfortunatlely the long term plans have been
repeatedly sabotaged by short sighted politicians and special interest
groups.