Office Software Politics

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 25 21:59:09 UTC 2010

This, too, is not terribly encouraging of optimism today :-(
http://lwn.net/Articles/411570/

But it may be reason to stand behind The Document Foundation...
http://www.documentfoundation.org/

I've got a machine pulling down the source code:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libreoffice/build
./autogen.sh --with-git --with-num-cpus=2
./download
make

That "download" step is a doozy, paralleling the whole "how many repos
am I cloning?!?!??!" characteristic of doing a build of Android.  The
code's pullable, in any case...