Fwd: Ubuntu 10.10 is Released

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 21 17:50:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Followup:
>
> I've installed the Kubuntu Netbook configuration on the netbook (pretty
> simple to do) and it's pretty impressive. Generally, it's standard KDE
> (which has minor tweak updates in 10.10) with just a few (useful) added
> tools to help folks with smaller screens.
>
> So I'm very happy with it. But that "Unity" UI in Ubuntu Netbook Edition
> just bites.
>
> - Evan

for xfce fans, I completed a fresh install of Xubuntu x86_64 10.10 on
my spare old laptop and it's sweet, the nice thing I found it that it
detected my wireless hardware and the chipset on my laptop and asked
me if I wanted to install the driver, the install was painless. if you
like xfce this is worth checking out.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-22-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1