Fwd: Ubuntu 10.10 is Released

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 18 08:20:31 UTC 2010

On 10-10-17 01:41 PM, Howard Gibson wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:09:48 -0400
> Rajinder Yadav<devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>
>> If you don't care about kubuntu/unbuntu please kindly ignore this email,
>> regards! ...
>
> Rajinder,
>
>     Congrats on a successful install.
>
>     My experience with Fedora Core 12 was messy.   I have put my notes online at http://home.eol.ca/~hgibson/RevLinux/
>
>     Perhaps if a bunch of us were to do this, we would have a nice install library showing what works, and how to troubleshoot the stuff that does not work.

Howard,

nice site idea, you should give ubuntu a try =) if you want the bells
and whistle I say try Kubuntu for KDE, if like gnome try ubuntu, or
Xubuntu for xfce.

I just thought it would be nice if we posted our install or upgrade
experience, it might help others who are considering the same thing.

In cases where a new version of a given distro is released, it would be
helpful to know if others had a easy time or a difficult time with the
process! Know what failed, what's not up to par, and what's improved.

If it's a bad release, this knowledge will allow others to reconsider
waiting till the initial bugs are fixed before they attempt to upgrade
or do a clean install on the latest and greatest!

I have a vmware image running on my laptop, so for me I usually try a
clean install on there and see how things go, also I can do the upgrade
and see how that goes. If anything fails I can revert back to a working
image in a matter of seconds. Others might not have access to a working
vm image either wmware or virtualbox, due to hardware or disk space
restriction. Here is where the early adopters can provide a report of
their experiences.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

[Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1]