Dell 27" monitor on sale

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 15:44:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 08:56:49AM -0400, Giles Orr wrote:
> OT, but we've covered this territory before:
>
> http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&sku=224-8284
>
> 27" monitor, 2560 x 1440.  May even be Lennart-approved!  (Oh am I
> going to catch it if it's not ...)
>
> On special today for $779.
>
> Damn I want that - but I just got back from a bank-emptying vacation.
> <sigh>  And it does seem to come up for sale every few months.

It is a very nice screen.  Not quite as huge as the 2560x1600 16:10
30" (3008WFP), but almost as high a resolution (simply a 16:9 version
instead).  Best price I have ever seen the 30" on sale is $1500, so
getting 90% of that screen (just about) for about half that is quite nice.
The old 27" was just a 1920x1200 16:10 PVA screen (quite nice and all),
but this one is an IPS panel and high res.

It will NOT make a good TV, but it does make a really nice monitor.

Yeah I would love one, but I am dropping $1000 on a timing belt change
on my car today, and really don't need another monitor just now. :)

--
Len Sorensen