Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 18 14:52:25 UTC 2010

On 10-10-18 10:05 AM, Michael Lauzon wrote:
> Don't blame me for the title, it's taken directly from the article.
> I'll post a link to the full article after the brief excerpt.  Do you
> agree or disagree with his conclusions?

It's a long road to an over-night success.

I see Microsoft staying dominant in the gaming market and Apple staying
dominant in the content creation market. Linux still very much has a
future on the desktop.

The problem is people never-ending prediction of "the year of Linux on
the desktop", and then feeling the need to cover their tracks after the
fact. I agree with the Red Hat philosophy in this regard; It will happen
when it is ready, and not a day sooner.

Digi