SanDisk mp3 player not seen

Chris F.A. Johnson chris-E7bvbYbpR6jSUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 23:43:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 02:03:37AM -0400, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>>
>>    Does anyone know why this SanDisk mp3 player is not showing up on
>>    my Mandriva system?
>>
>>    It's a 1GB SanDisk Clip: <http://cfajohnson.com/testing/SanDisk.jpg>.
>>
>>    I followed the instructions at
>>    <http://www.howtoforge.com/sandisk_mp3_player_linux>, but nothing
>>    works.
>>
>>    I also have an Onyx player which works without any problem.
>
> You did follow those instructions and actually change the USB mode to
> MSC rather than MTP or whatever microsoft's method is?

    Yes.

> What does lsusb show?

    After running lsusb twice, it showed up.

    I copied some tracks to it; only some were copied, and I can play
    them.

    I reconnected it to the USB port, and it doesn't show up, either
    with lsusb or fdisk -l.

    dmesg shows:

usb 2-5: device not accepting address 60, error -71
hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 5
usb 2-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 61
usb 2-5: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 2-5: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 2-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 62
usb 2-5: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 2-5: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 2-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 63
usb 2-5: device not accepting address 63, error -71
hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 5

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com>
    Author: