Fwd: Ubuntu 10.10 is Released

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 12 15:02:40 UTC 2010

| From: Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

|  i plan to keep 10.04 on my desktop and not upgrade yet, as i
| see no reason to, i just didn't like xubunut on my laptop much.

10.04 has one important advantage over 10.10: 10.04 is LTS (Long Term
Support).

Thanks for your review of 10.10.  So far, LTS is one of my main
reasons for using Ubuntu.  10.04 LTS is so much fresher than CentOS
yet has a longer horizon than Fedora.  So I often consider 10.04 for
machines that I don't want to fuss with.

It may well be that Debian is a better choice.  I don't have an
intuitive understanding of what versions to run for what tasks and how
to mix and match between them (eg. Dave Mason's question last night).