starting a service on use

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 10 05:20:33 UTC 2010

On 10-10-08 09:56 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 06:52:12PM -0400, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
>> how do i start a service when a request comes in?
>> i don't want the service running when the system boots up.

> So really, if you want a service, run it all the time, unless it supports
> inetd, in which case it can handle it.

i trying to setup a headless x11vnc server, i think i got the parameter
right. i'm loggin with ssh and then start x11vnc. however i noticed that
when i am not logged in (after a system reboot), i need to run the
x11vnc server twice, it exits after initial login. how can i correct
this, the command i am using is:

x11vnc -forever -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth

also not sure if this will work for a headless server? i haven't removed
my monitor yet to see =) also how can i increase the screen size? i am
fixed at 1280x1024 which the monitor support but since i want to go
headless i want to work with a bigger size of my vnc client.

thanks

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav