IPv4 to IPv6...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 18:53:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Fabio FZero wrote:
>>
>> I don't have a landline and I don't miss it.
>
> My Rogers cell phone doesn't work well at one end of my condo.  I had the
> same issues with my work phone, when we were on Telus.  Also, even radio
> reception could be better at this end of my unit.

I switched from Bell Mobility to Rogers because the Bell antenna near
work was placed such that I had a large Faraday cage (e.g. - server
room :-)) between my desk and Bell's antenna.

The placement of large chunks of metal in one's infrastructure can
certainly affect reception for wireless links.  I tend to prefer wired
links, myself, whenever I can get them...