Why not to buy cheap power supplies

Fabio FZero fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 16:43:44 UTC 2010

That's nothing. It was pretty common to find power supplies in Brazil
that had two wattages: a "peak" one (that would be your 500W) and a
"regular" (around 300W).

As a friend of mine once said: I never knew you could sell power
supplies claiming you have PMPO Watts. :-P

Obviously these were crap, but they're standard issue for almost
everybody who builds vanilla machines. I bought an Akasa power supply
as soon as I could when I still had a desktop.

- FZ

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:16, Lennart Sorensen