IPv4 to IPv6...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 6 15:06:16 UTC 2010

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> PPPoE does NOT run on IPv4.  It runs on raw ethernet.
I didn't say it did.  I said IPv4 PPPoE, in that the modems are
configured to handle IPv4 only.  Unless I misread that article, they are
modifying a WRT router to produce IPv6 over PPP.  Now, how does that
IPv6 over PPP get to the ISP?  It connects to the ADSL modem (the same
would work over cable modem) via IPv4, which then uses PPPoE to get to
the ISP.