OT: openoffice - embed spreadsheet w/ *#$! grid lines!!!

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 23 07:45:45 UTC 2010

On 11/23/2010 12:42 AM, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> In hte last 12-hour stretch of a $200K grant application and trying to
> get a fricking calc spreadsheet to embed properly in a writer document.
>
> I can get the datea there easily enough:
>
> select range in calc.  copy.
>
> change focus to write document.  paste.
>
> Now I have the OLE object, looking perfect but NO GRID LINES!!  and as
> far as I can tell theres seems to be no way around this.  Does anyone
> else have a hint?  tyring to use DDE instead gives me veyr ugly
> results.  gaah!  help!

The grid lines wouldn't show in Calc if you printed, and Writer is
WYSIWYG, so it's the behaviour I would expect.

If I wanted grid lines, I'd highlight the area in Writer, right-click
and hit "format cells", specify a border thickness and a line
arrangement of "set outer border and all inner lines".

-Mike