Cognitive Dissonance and Linux

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 16 13:32:34 UTC 2010

i have a ps3 that has BGA lift. In researching it, it appears all the
old original fat PS3 will die. Its certainly a defect that sony should
cover, but it would break them if they admitted it.
So as bad as the 360 is, not every 360 is going to die, where as all
PS3 will die (the fat type). Some people are on their 3rd ones. I
think after a certain amount of on off cycles then
the BGA lifts. Everything i have read says the PS3 is many time worst
then 360 in ultimate failure, however 360 is probably worst in soft
failures and dvd head alignment issues.
(check ebay for PS3 for sale that need reflows, or people offering ps3
reflow services, its unbelievable)

tl