any recommendations for GPS logger suitable for OpenStreetMap work?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 14 13:10:30 UTC 2010

I'm using a GPS receiver from Microsoft Streets and Trips with a netbook,
with my own Tcl software to display and record the data from the receiver.
Not a suitable solution for walking, but it fits into a carrier on the
back of a bicycle. The 'prune' GPS data editing program is really
excellent for plotting the data.

Peter

> I'm looking to map the many walking trails in and around where I live.
> I've
> never owned a GPS much less a GPS logger.   Any thoughts on what type I
> should purchase?   I was hoping to stay under $100 if possible.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> bob

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325