How to win friends

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 11 16:19:59 UTC 2010

On 10-11-11 10:55 AM, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
[ ... reminds me indirectly somehow of Ryan's Dunder Mifflin website
in _The Office_ ... ]
> Doesn't that conversation give you the warm fuzzies? Don't you really want
> to deal with them again?

I've had good dealings with <http://www.dipmicro.com/store/>  They can
bill in Canadian dollars, and ship from Canada, avoiding some large
nuisances.  They are a small outfit, though, so you have to want what
they have.

There is a glitch in their website where clicking the "BUY" button on
the catalog page not only gets you to the order entry page, but
actually adds 1 item to the shopping cart,  From there, the "ADD TO
ORDER" button really does what it says.  So, wanting 4, I clicked
"BUY", changed the quantity to 4, clicked "ADD TO ORDER", and wound up
with 5 in the cart.  Good results from the pages that edited the line
items back to what I wanted, so it wasn't a transaction killer.  I
haven't got around to telling them about this.

	Mel.