What's your Favourite Webmail Client

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 9 22:49:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 05:18:14PM -0500, Fabio FZero wrote:
> Gmail.

> Really. I don't even use regular mailers anymore. Just set it to work
> with IMAP and that's it.

How do you follow threaded discussions on high volume mailing lists?
Seriously.

I'd been misled by all the false claims out there that gmail does
threading, and was sorely disappointed to discover that conversations
are not threads. Even on smallish threads (say about two dozen emails,
with reasonable branching), I have a hard time figuring out who's
replying to whom. Especially with top posting (where the quoting is
hidden) or with no quoting.

So how do you do it?