CyangenMod or Android Market for tethering?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 9 21:52:23 UTC 2010

Ijaaz A. Ullah wrote:
> Stock android 2.1 does not support wifi tethering.  It was introduced
> in froyo (2.2).  Its quite possible that the nexus one had it early,
> but I was under the impression that they just got 2.2 before everyone
> else.
My mistake.  I've had two Android updates on this phone since I got it.
The phone originally had 2.1 and has since been upgraded to 2.2 and
2.2.1.  I was thinking 2.2 & 2.1.  However, I should be getting 2.3 in
the next little while.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Android-23-Gingerbread-Headed-for-Google-Nexus-One-Report-730786/?kc=EWKNLEDP11092010B