Atom 330 drives only enough pins for 32-bit physical addresses

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 5 20:03:27 UTC 2010

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| I am not sure if that atom uses a chipset for memory controller or if
| it has it onboard.  Certainly the earlier atoms used chipsets for it
| and those were generally older style low end laptop chipsets that were
| limited to 4GB address space and didn't support remapping above 4GB.
| Intel annoyingly took forever too get around to adding remapping to
| desktop chipsets, while AMD had it early on.

The Acer Revo uses the nVidia ION chipset.  I understand that it
handles more than 4G of physical address space.  But no matter: the
CPU won't deliver (if I understand the specs properly, and I admit
that the wording isn't clear).

I guess I should poke Intel to see if my interpretation of the spec is
correct.