Photo Management - F-Spot or Alternative

Jason Carson jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 3 02:29:24 UTC 2010

>> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:10:43 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Photo Management - F-Spot or Alternative
>> From: jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org
>> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>>
>> Another alternative if you have a LAMP server available is to use
>> Gallery...
>>
>> http://gallery.menalto.com
>>
>> ...I use it for all my photos and my Mother/Brother love it because its
>> easy to use. Version 3 was released a few weeks ago.
>>
> It would be kind of cool to set up a photo gallery in my own server.
> Looking at the info on the web site, it doesn't look like it does what I
> want, which is to manually sequence the photos in an album any way I feel
> like, not by date or file size or any predetermined sorting. And certainly
> not by having to change file names to force a specific sequence.
>
> Have you been able to do this? I couldn't see it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John.

You can setup the photos any way you want. All you do is create an album
(and sub-albums) and upload whatever pictures you want to whatever album
you want.

Once you have installed Gallery, created albums and uploaded pictures
there is an album option to "Organize album" which lets you organize your
photos anyway you like.