Photo Management - F-Spot or Alternative

john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 3 02:19:15 UTC 2010

> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:10:43 -0400
> Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Photo Management - F-Spot or Alternative
> From: jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org
> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>
> Another alternative if you have a LAMP server available is to use Gallery...
>
> http://gallery.menalto.com
>
> ...I use it for all my photos and my Mother/Brother love it because its
> easy to use. Version 3 was released a few weeks ago.

It would be kind of cool to set up a photo gallery in my own server. Looking at the info on the web site, it doesn't look like it does what I want, which is to manually sequence the photos in an album any way I feel like, not by date or file size or any predetermined sorting. And certainly not by having to change file names to force a specific sequence.

Have you been able to do this? I couldn't see it.

Thanks,

John.