Support your Linux distro... please buy your DVD/CD!

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 26 15:49:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM, ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I agree. For ubuntu for example, you could buy music from their partner as a way to show support.
> In case of Mint, they have donations, and they then post your name on the web page as a sponser.
> Or, of course, by a t-shirt or a mug, almost every distro has that kind of store.

For Debian, THE thing to do to support it is to assist in its
development, whether by:

a) Maintaining some packages
b) Providing patches or other assistance to rectify problems with packages
c) Providing patches to the developers upstream, which is likely to
assist users of other Linux distributions.