Is Arch Linux Really Faster Than Ubuntu?

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 25 17:05:55 UTC 2010

Well.. I do respect your opinion..
But the principle of Arch isn't only to make it difficult to install..

As I told on my last speech in FLISOL ( Latin American Free Software
Instalation Festival )... Arch is a great Linux School. For people who
whanna learn Linux it's good choice. I don't mean people should stay the
whole life using Arch. But, you'll have to agree that in one installation of
Arch you'll learn more about linux than in 10 installations of Ubuntu, for
example. I'm not saying that one is better than the other... I'm just saying
that Arch's installation isn't very easy because of that. To instigate
people to navigate, search, study, etc..

As I told you before.. I'm a big fan of Debian. Is my favorite distro for
servers.. but in my laptop I do still prefer Arch.

The installation isn't so simple like other distros.. you're right.. But,
after the whole system is done.. you'll realize the differences between Arch
and other distros. A great example of this is the AUR (aur.archlinux.org). A
community repo where everyone can put their own packages for everyone who
wants to try.

Anyway.. as I told you before.. I didn't want to start a flamewar... I'll
never say that distro X is better than distro Y..

The best distro, in my opinion, is the one you uses and solve your problems.

cheers,
---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net