Dlink DIR-825 wireless router one-day sale $119.99

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri May 21 17:56:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:18:03AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Lennart has recommended this router.  It is certainly not the
> cheapest, but there is a one-day sale on it at Infonec:
> <http://www.infonec.ca/site/main.php?module=detail&id=437209>
>
> This appears to be about 10% less than the best other local price.
>
> I've enclosed one of Lennart's postings on this router.
>
> Before that, here's a bit from a later discussion.  64M in an
> off-the-shelf wireless router seems remarkable.  Invaluable if you intend
> to build custom firmware with an abnormal amount of software.

Well from what I have found online, some have 32MB ram, some have 64MB.
Not sure which is more common.

It certainly is far superior to the linksys wrt54gl.  The fact it runs
a 2.6 kernel (not 2.4) and has no crappy broadcom chips in it, and way
more flash and ram and much faster cpu and usb and dual band wifi and
802.11abgn is just a bonus.

Nice price for it.

--
Len Sorensen