OT experiences with tigerdirect

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed May 19 03:10:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:44:09AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote

> Anyone else have poor experience with TG ?

  My one experience with them has been positive.  I got a USB dialup
modem from them because...
a) it was only available online
b) the ad specifically stated that the modem is linux-compatable
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3718719&sku=U13-4292

  The modem works great after I did some Google/RTFM and built the
appropriate kernel driver.  Also, I had checked the "receive email
offers" checkbox.  A few weeks later when I decided I didn't want any
more, I selected the "unsubscribe" link and got taken off the email list
immediately.