Display Dimming When I Don't Want It To

jim cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 18 19:11:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I recently updated to Lucid on my laptop and for some reason when I
increase the brightness of my screen it just ramps down to minimum by
itself again. Not sure if this has something to do with Gnome Power
Manager. I made sure the settings look ok. It should only dim on low
battery but this is happening when on AC power. My laptop , an Asus, has
a light sensor that should set display brightness by itself. Maybe that
is interfering. If so it doesn't work properly because changing the
light level on the sensor doesn't seem to affect the display brightness.
The icon for brightness shows I am full brightness even though I am
actually at minimum brightness. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jim