Tylersberg chipset opinion

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 17 20:37:02 UTC 2010

Pal

Curious, I have been reading on the new Intel chipset - Tylersber and
how it compare with AMD chipset RN50 ( Shipped with Dell 2970
servers). Unfortunately, I have not seen any document out there that
mention performance difference between the two chipset.

I know, its one of those very general questions, but do you guys have
an opinion how the two above compare. We are evaluating if it is worth
picking Dell R710 - With the Intel chipset or just pick another Dell
2970? Before R710, it was an easy pick as Dell 2950 was far inferior.
R710 has QPI (Quick Path Interconnect)  which bring it at par with
2970.

Regards,

William