Looking to use SIM card reader

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 12 18:10:18 UTC 2010

Maybe something from "ccid-utils" or the "SCEZ" project on freshmeat might
help)

On 2010-05-12 3:42 AM, "Scott Allen" <scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

On Tue May 11,2010 09:33:39 PM William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:

> The next question - how do you ...
Unfortunately, that's roughly the same as asking "How do you talk to an
ethernet device". You have to know the higher level protocol that this
device uses. E.g. most "dial-up" type modems use "AT" protocol to initiate
calls. I don't know if there is a standard protocol in the world of SIM card
readers. If they're vendor specific then you might need to get the
documentation for this device.

Once you know what has to be sent and received to talk to the reader, I may
be able to help with configuring the port and communicating with the device.
You would treat ttyUSB0 the same as a real serial port, such as ttyS0.

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **