Cluster Workshop

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed May 12 03:49:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

   First, thank you to all who showed up to this evening's talk. I
apologize for not covering an example use of the cluster, but I am happy
that we got to the end of the initial cluster start up. :)

   Clustering isn't hard, but it is a large topic. To this end, I've
been thinking of running a Cluster Boot Camp this summer. Basically, a
day or two where you could come with your hardware and leave with a
cluster.

   To pull this off though, I would need to have a good idea of how many
people are interested. The number would effect where I would be able to
host such an event. If there were only a few people or groups
interested, I could probably host it for free. If I need more space, I
will need to see what space I could get and, if there was a fee, how
much I would need to ask to cover that fee (my time would be free).

   I'll flush the idea out more as interest is (or isn't) expressed.

Cheers!

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org