[OT] Getting out from behind a corporate firewall

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 10 15:29:30 UTC 2010

Try talking nicely to the IT department? Perhaps you could get an exemption
from the proxy. We have some cases where we do that here, either with a
higher-level authoration account or a firewall rule.

Circumventing without authorization for personal stuff may be a good way to
reduce your term to 1 month if you get caught.

If it's really necessary to get out and not going to get hou in trouble,
then I usually connect to an outside box running openvpn on a permitted
port, or just use my smartphone (one of those city-wifi/cellular sticks
would also work well).