Ryzom coming to Linux and FreeBSD?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 6 20:33:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Jason Carson <jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I tried Ryzom a while back and it was ok but the one thing I didn't like
> was that if you have, for example, 5 people in your party you would need
> to kill the boss 5 times. Waiting for respawns got boring fast. This is
> what drove me away.

Okay, so how would you fix this is, now that the option of fixing this
is available :-) ? Make the boss nasties adjust their strength based
on how many players are attacking them, or... ?

Bottom line, fixing issues that bother YOU is now an option, as
opposed to when Ryzom was all proprietary software... Over the next
little bit I expect there will be people working on adding the parts
needed to turn Ryzom into a usable free game, creating music, sound
effects, terrain definition files, quests and the "special" objects.
This would be the perfect time to slip in a rule change and get it
widely adopted...

Colin McGregor