Asus motherboard? -- never again!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 31 15:19:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 09:25:59AM -0400, Jose wrote:
> Thanks for the great advice.
>
> one question tough, you mentioned you tend to ignore the onboard video,
> why?, I see all these motherboards advertising nvidia or ATI video
> chips, that means you get an actual lower nvidia card included or it's
> just for compatibility?

You get very low end.  Lower than any card made.  They almost always
use shared memory, which means your CPU gets to loose a bunch of memory
bandwidth just to drive your video chip.

I have no interest in wasting the bandwidth I paid a lot for already
just to save a bit on a real video card.

--
Len Sorensen