Help with plug and play - USB Webcam conflicts with Tv Tuner

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 29 11:39:35 UTC 2010

On Sun Mar 28,2010 03:41:28 PM TeeCee wrote:
> I guess my question is how can I bind this web cam to /dev/video1,
> assuming I'm leaving the camera plugged in all the time?

I think the proper way is to add your own local udev rules for these
devices, probably in
/etc/udev/rules.d/

Although I'm familiar with the concepts, most of my changes in this
area have involved cutting an pasting examples, so I can't be
specific.

"man udev" and a Web search for "udev rules" would probably prove
helpful.

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **