[OT?] Android phones

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 28 03:50:54 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Christopher Browne wrote:
> I'm also looking at this with interest.  My Palm died (cracked
> screen, sob!) the other day, so I will likely be on something
> new soon.

Same thing happened to me, too (sob!). Maybe there should be
support groups for people who experiences Palm cracked screen.

I am intensely looking at Nokia N900 right now. Seems to be the
only phone with Linux OS (not just having Linux kernel fork) out
in the market (well, OpenMoko too, but it doesn't seem to make
it far in the market).

> I worry that Android may be diverging from Linux, but it
> doesn't much affect application space,

It has already been diverging. They didn't merge nor maintain
their code in Linux kernel development, so it was kicked out.
And obviously all the application space is entirely different
compare to Linux.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/