interesting discontinued netbook LG x120-N

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 21 18:28:17 UTC 2010

| From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| It sure would be nice to know if RAM is further expandable; it's not
| evident, and the non-ease of finding out suggests possibly not.

It should be easy: unlike most netbooks, this one has a door for RAM,
secured by a screw.  The screw is a #0 Phillips, a bit of an oddball
size.  So I bought a "Precision Screwdriver Set" from Canadian Tire.

The screw will not budge, even with the right driver.  I imagine that
it has been secured by some kind of adhesive.  Is this commonly done?
Is there a reasonable way to overcome this?  Say, a standard solvent
that won't damage the plastic case?