interesting discontinued netbook LG x120-N

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 19 21:09:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 04:52:45PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> That does indeed look pretty nice, as netbooks go.  If I were in the
> market for one, this looks like an interesting cheap option.  My T43
> is going on quite strong enough to discourage such :-).
>
> It sure would be nice to know if RAM is further expandable; it's not
> evident, and the non-ease of finding out suggests possibly not.
>
> Possible suggestion:  there's a pretty useful repository of info on
> support for laptops here; they offer a web interface for adding to the
> "database."  Might be nice to have an entry there describing your
> experience.

I suspect the ram is upgradeable to 2GB.  It is on most of the current
netbooks.

Of course for an extra few dollars you could get the eeepc 1005 or 1008
both of which have working wifi and ethernet drivers in linux already,
unlike apparently the LG.  Otherwise similar specs (although the eeepc
is only the typical 1024x600 display).

--
Len Sorensen