Routing choice under user control per application instance?

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 20 16:13:24 UTC 2010

On Fri Mar 19,2010 05:24:52 PM S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Scott Allen wrote:
>> iptables can be set up to route based on the user ID. You might be
>> able to set each application's user as a way to select the
>> connection (e.g. with sudo).

> [...]

> Now I need to read documentation and find examples to learn how
> exactly to do this. :-)

I'm sorry that I'm not an iptables expert, so I can't tell you
exactly how to do it. I did a web search for "iptables policy
routing" and found the following article, which looks close to what
you want to do:

<http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/379>

It's a few years old. Hopefully it's still relevant.

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **