Windows 2000 installation disk?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 5 17:09:25 UTC 2010

Does anyone have an install disk for Win 2000 pro that they would be
willing to lend me?

Here's the story:

I have an old sheetfeed scanner (Canon DR3080c).  I got it from freecycle
some time ago.  No Linux support.  Windows support for XP, but I cannot
get it to work.

So I was going to get rid of it.  But just when I was about to, I
discovered that there is a now SANE driver for Linux for that family
of scanners.  It first appeared about a year ago.

It does not support my model but the driver author is quite willing to
work with me.  It has come down to a point where he needs to capture a
SCSI stream from a working Windows driver.  XP would do, but I cannot
get it to work (the driver dates from 2003).

I think Win2k would work, but I don't have Win2k.  I do have a
computer with a Win2k Pro 1-2 CPU license (actually, three such
computers).

So: if I can borrow an Win2K installation disk, I can help advance
Linux.  I think that borrowing one should be legitimate since I do
have the license.

(Not ever having used Win2k, nor installed it, I may be in for a treat.)