last day to register inexpensively for (Ottawa) Linux Symposium

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 1 18:44:06 UTC 2010

Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> $275 is expensive if you don't have that kind of money, or a job.
>
> Well, for the convenience of the large number of kernel hackers that
> spend *thousands* of dollars to fly in from all over (e.g. -
> transcontinental flights), they need to have a location that allows
> them to spend their time in valuable ways.
>
> *Someone* has got to pay for it, and I see no particular problem with
> the costs being spread across the attendees.

That event is hardcore.

Just check the 2009 list of topics and speakers:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2009/speakers.php?types=TALK

Fascinating stuff, but I couldn't contribute one iota of knowledge to
the subjects.  I'd feel bad attending because I might be taking the
place of somebody who'd get a lot more out of it.

The proceedings are really nicely put together though.

-Mike