Power draw of power supply. 700watt vs 1000 watt, etc

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 29 14:05:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:49:32PM -0400, ted leslie wrote:
> Not that i rank noise to highly in the choice, but i hate overly loud supplies.
> Whats the noise like on the HX850?

Well I have the HX750 in my wife's desktop (core i7 920, 6GB ram, dual
WD 500GB drives and a 275GTX card).  I did not notice any difference in
sound going from a Silencer 610 to the HX750.  I can hear the video card,
but nothing else as far as I can tell.

The CPU fan is a TRUE120, so that makes no noise, and the case is a TJ04
which is very sound dampening though, so hard to say.  Still it seems
very quiet.  It uses a 140mm fan, so that alone tends to make it much
quieter than those that use 80mm fans.

You can see a good review here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/741

No noise level measurements, because all the other test equipment makes
so much noise it isn't practical to do.

--
Len Sorensen