Which power supply?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 18 02:59:57 UTC 2010

On 06/17/2010 10:55 PM, William Park wrote:
> While we're on the topic of "building" computers... Which power supply
> (around 500W) would you recommend?  For other components, I can pretty
> much follow my nose.  But, power supply is one component that I have to
> defer to the experts.

For me, quiet is very important. The aforementioned OCZ Stealth XStream
is very quiet, though not completely silent. Of course it could be the
stock Intel CPU fan making the noise, too. I used a cheap old case that
I had lying around so I might have been able to get it a bit quieter by
using a higher quality case, though the fan noise from the machine
really isn't objectionable at all.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay