sunrays and linux?

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 16 17:56:47 UTC 2010

hi,

I've been offered a bunch of sun ray 150's and sun ray 1gs by a donor,
and wondered whether list users had any experience using these thin
client machines, which sun produced in the first hears of the
millennium.  I do have something of a fantasy of setting up a
thin-client computer lab, but these machiens are old enough that I'm
not sure they can really handle a modern distro.  Or, framing my
ignorance in another way, I wonder whether he bandwidth required to
serve everything over 10/100 ethernet is so great as to require
expensive server and switching infrastructure (since everything I
build happens on no budget, that could be a deal breaker).

I would love to hear about any experiences folks have had.  Thanks in advance,

Matt